[BioC] Use ChIPpeakAnno to find two-sided nearest genes to a peak

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Mon Dec 10 17:46:56 CET 2012

Dear Holly,

I believe that you are interested in finding the peaks that reside in
bi-directional promoters. If so, you can use the following functions in
ChIPpeakAnno.

BDP = peaksNearBDP(peaks, AnnotationData=TSS, MaxDistance =5000)
c(BDP$percentPeaksWithBDP, BDP$n.peaksWithBDP, BDP$n.peaks)
all.genes = union(annotated.peaks$feature, BDP$peaksWithBDP$feature)
where annotated.peaks is generated from annotatePeakInBatch using TSS. To
learn more about peaksNearBDP, please type ?peaksNearBDP in R.

If you just want to find genes on both side of the peaks within certain
distance away from the peaks, you can use the following command.

Annotated.peaks = annotatePeakInBatch(peaks, AnnotationData = TSS,
output="both",select="all", maxgap=1000000)
Where maxgap can be adjusted according to your needs.

Please let me know if this suits your needs. Thanks!

Best regards,

Julie