[BioC] suggest/depends cleanup

Tue Dec 11 21:31:02 CET 2012

Hi,

On Tue, Dec 11, 2012 at 3:12 PM, Andrew Pennebaker [guest]
<guest at bioconductor.org> wrote:

> Several packages aren't really operational without the suggested packages, resulting in a lot of manual dependency resolution. The rule seems to be "Don't call my really useful functions without manually resolving all my possible dependencies." Can we move all "Suggests" into "Depends" and deprecate the Suggests metadata?

I don't think I've gotten the same impression, but perhaps we are
using different subsets of packages.

I guess it would be helpful if you could identify which packages, in
particular, you are referring to if you're sounding a call to action,
since this clearly isn't a universal something.

Cheers,
-steve

--
Steve Lianoglou