[BioC] bout big data set for Affy R packge

Rob Dunne Rob.Dunne at csiro.au
Fri Dec 21 02:02:18 CET 2012

Hi Wei Liu,

if they are affymetrix 1.0 ST exon arrays, I can send you a modified version of read.celfiles from the oligo package that
should read a 300 microarray data set. I dont know it it will work for other array types, possibly not without some work.
 It is a modified version of the read.celfiles that uses the big.matrix class from the big.memory package

my.data<-read.celfiles(filenames=ff,useAffyio=FALSE)
my. data
#assayData: 6553600 features, 335 samples
#Annotation: pd.huex.1.0.st.v2

Bye
Rob