[BioC] Computer for the analysis of high-throughput genomic data

Capurro, Alberto (Dr.) ac331 at leicester.ac.uk
Thu Dec 27 17:14:48 CET 2012

Hello,

I would need to purchase a desktop computer for the analysis of high-throughput genomic data using R/Bioconductor. I want to ask you the specifications that I should look for (as for example ram memory, processor type, number of cores). Can you mention specific examples of state of the art machines fitted for this purpose?

Thank you very much.

Alberto Capurro
Marie Curie Research Fellow
Department of Cell Physiology and Pharmacology
College of Medicine, Biological Sciences and Psychology
Maurice Shock Medical Sciences Building Room 319
University of Leicester
Leicester LE1 9HN
United Kingdom
https://sites.google.com/site/albertocapurro/