[BioC] converting transcripts to gene level

Abhishek Pratap apratap at lbl.gov
Thu Feb 2 02:15:38 CET 2012

Hi All

I have cufflinks generated transcripts file in gtf format. I wondering
if I can use any R package to convert it to gene level gtf file. By
this means all the transcripts are collapsed into genes and each gene
contains all the exons seen in all the transcripts for that gene.

Sample Data attached.

In the attached GTF file I have 3 made up transcripts from 2 genes.
What I would want to get as a output is a gtf file containing two
genes and all the exons associated with them.

Thanks!
-Abhi