[BioC] FW: GenomicFeatures::makeTranscriptDbFromBiomart - Error in callSuper(...) : could not find function "initRefFields"

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Fri Feb 3 19:53:09 CET 2012

Hi Malcolm,

A host argument has indeed been added to the devel branch.  But more
pertinent to your current issue is the fact that I am able to easily
load your database using loadFeatures() or loadDB().  So I don't see
anything wrong with the DB on this end.  We tested it in both Linux and
Mac and are unable to recreate the problem.

This makes me think that there is something wrong with your current
setup.  Your version of R could be a little more current, I don't really
anticipate that this would cause a problem like this, but it might be
worth updating to 2.14.1 anyhow.  And the only package I have that is
more current than yours is XML, which should not matter here.  Are you
sure that you have read permissions for your copy of this DB?

   Marc