[BioC] Rgraphviz: cannot allocate memory block of size 3.4 Gb

Matthew Pettis matthew.pettis at gmail.com
Tue Feb 7 23:20:42 CET 2012

Hi Dan,

I did, though perhaps I made some bad assumptions... here's what I have:

I have Windows 7, x64.  I have a higher version of GraphViz than
specified in the README, so I assumed I was OK.  I further assumed
that I did not need to rebuild from scratch, as Graphviz installed,
and Windows 7 can accomodate 32-bit apps.  My PATH includes the path
to the Graphviz bin (C:\Program Files (x86)\Graphviz2.26.3\bin), and I
assumed that paths with spaces in the name could be handled, but
perhaps I am wrong about that... I don't see any mention about that in
the README, but the example Path does not have any spaces (or `('
characters in them, which mine does).

Do these assumptions jibe with what are in the README?  Perhaps I
misunderstood this paragraph:

***
Most users would want to use a binary (by which we mean pre-compiled)
version of Graphviz. When preparing the binary version, it is assumed
that a _specific_ version of Graphviz exists on the user's computer -
using a different version of Graphviz will most likely cause Rgraphviz
to fail. Rgraphviz will inform you of any version inconsistency when
loaded.
***

As I wrote, I do have a different version, but it is higher than this
one, and I assumed it would work, and if it didn't, that "Rgraphviz
will inform you of any version inconsistency when
loaded", unless that is ultimately what the error is telling me.

Further, I don't know where the .dll would be found... I don't have it
in the Graphviz /bin directory, as these are the DLLs in there (see
below).  The closest .dll to the one that seems to be erroring is
cdt.dll, which I have.  I haven't installed the specific version of
Graphviz mentioned in the README, but perhaps that has a different set
of DLLs, one of which matches the one being requested in this error?
I assumed

GdiPlus.dll
Pathplan.dll
cdt.dll