[BioC] Limma: questions about data pre-processing

Vladimir Krasikov v.v.krasikov at gmail.com
Wed Feb 8 12:30:05 CET 2012

Dear Axel,

Thanks a lot for the info.

> Dear Vladimir,
>
> I'll only answer or comment on some of your questions and leave
> the others for the true experts...
>
> Q2: yes, for example using package arrayQualityMetrics, if you know
> the array layout. FES output usually contains columns Col and Row for
> spot coordinates but apparently your "service provider" has removed
> them. I could send you a coordinates <--> oligo mapping by email if you
> can tell me your array type -- is it 1x44K, 4x44K or 4x44Kv2?
> Alternatively,
> you can try to find that information on Agilent's eArray web site:
> earray.chem.agilent.com

I will try to figure it out

> Q5: for a common reference design, dye swaps are not required and
> I would not apply a loess normalization -- depending on what you have
> hybridized as the common reference, the assumptions may not hold.
> As for the between-array normalization, Rquantile may also be an
> option for your design and boxplots and density plots may be used
> for judging the results.

Common reference is commercial something.
Thanks for another method of between array normalization.
As far as I have no assumptions about any single gene regulation in my
conditions,
all methods are equal for me.
However maybe you have some tips on how to judge which of the
normalizations
suited best for the particular experiment.
All kind of density and box-plots and MA plots look more or less the same
in any applied normalizations.

Regards
Vladimir