[BioC] DESeq and transcript-wise analysis

Elena Sorokin sorokin at wisc.edu
Thu Feb 9 20:40:49 CET 2012

Dear Simon, Abhi, and Martin,

Thanks for your replies. I just learned about DEXseq and am working
through the vignette. Importantly for me, I see that DEXseq can also do
generalized linear models. I will compare that to my current isoform
analysis in DESeq with its GLM function, then compare both those to
previous results from Cuffdiff, where unfortunately I've only been able
to do 2-sample comparisons.

Simon, I'm working with C. elegans, not with a vertebrate, and am
usually dealing with 1-2 isoforms per gene, though sometimes it can be
much more. I don't know if that still presents a huge problem for DESeq,
but I figure it's worth trying anyway.

Thanks again for everyone's advice. It is much appreciated! Best, Elena