[BioC] arrayQualityMetrics package - bugs and errors

Wolfgang Huber whuber at embl.de
Wed Feb 15 19:42:27 CET 2012

Dear Vladimir

Thank you for the feedback and the detailed descriptions.

To remove the reason for the warning from KernSmooth::bkde2D (which is
called by the MA-plots section), please use the argument
'do.logtransform=TRUE' for the function 'arrayQualityMetrics'. Does that
resolve your problem?

You say "it doesn't work with MAlist objects at all". Can you please
provide the exact error message and a reproducible example?

Interoperability of 'RGList' and 'MAList' objects with the rest of
Bioconductor can be challenging. arrayQualityMetrics uses the 'convert'
package to convert them into 'NChannelSet', and then works from that. If
you have problems with the phenoData, please send us a reproducible
example so we can try to update the conversion code.

As a short term solution to your problem, do the conversion yourself with

library("convert")
x = as(RG, "NChannelSet")

and then set the phenoData of x as you wish.

	best wishes
	Wolfgang

Vladimir Krasikov scripsit 02/15/2012 01:44 PM:

--
Best wishes
	Wolfgang

Wolfgang Huber