[BioC] Use probesets with highest baseline expression for differntial gene expression in LIMMA

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at uw.edu
Wed Feb 22 14:56:15 CET 2012

Hi Ekta,

On 2/21/2012 10:57 PM, Ekta [guest] wrote:
> Hello All,
> I am relatively new to R and bioconductor. I would like to know if there is a way to alter LIMMA defualt options such that the package instead of averaging signal intensities of probesets selects the probesets with highest baseline
> expression/signal intensity?

You will have to be more precise than that. What exactly do you mean by
'selects the probesets with highest baseline expression'? Do you just
want any probesets where one or more samples has high expression? That
doesn't require limma. Or do you want probesets where some of the
samples have much higher expression than others?

Best,

Jim