[BioC] Odd warning in simpleaffy, using quality control

Maciej Jończyk mjonczyk at biol.uw.edu.pl
Mon Feb 27 21:55:19 CET 2012

Hi David,

> I'm trying to run some quality control (qc) on a bunch of raw files
> retrieved from ArrayExpress, using simpleaffy, with the code:
>
> mixture.batch <- ReadAffy()
> mixture.qc <- qc(mixture.batch)
>
> However, when I get to an experiment which has not used the
> "hgu133plus2cdf" platform (In this case, it is experiment
> E-GEOD-33443), I encounter a warning:
>

> Error in getCdfInfo(object) :
>   Could not obtain CDF environment, problems encountered:
> Specified environment does not contain hugene10stv1.r3cdf
> Library - package hugene10stv1.r3cdf not installed
> Bioconductor - hugene10stv1.r3cdf not available
> In addition: Warning message:
> In qc.affy(unnormalised, ...) :
>   CDF Environment name ' hgu133plus2cdf ' does not match cdfname '
> hugene10stv1.r3cdf '

you need appropriate package containing cdf and probe info.

see:
http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/

there are hugene10stv1cdf and hugene10stv1probe, maybe it will fit your
needs.
Alternatively read about makecdf package.

HTH

--
Maciej Jonczyk,
Department of Plant Molecular Ecophysiology