[BioC] convert "Genome_intervals_stranded" to "Genome_intervals"? (girafe)

karlerhard at berkeley.edu karlerhard at berkeley.edu
Mon Feb 27 21:59:55 CET 2012

Hello all,

Would anyone be willing to help me figure out a way to convert a
"Genome_intervals_stranded" object into a "Genome_intervals" object (no
strand information)?

I have gff3 files containing gene annotations and I read these files into
R using the readGFF3 function, but readGFF3 requires that the input has a
strand column.  I would like to remove that strand information to compare
antisense reads between two libraries.

Is it as simple as removing the strand column of the
"Genome_intervals_stranded" object in R?

Or perhaps there is a way of reading in a strand-less GFF3 file as a
"Genome_intervals" object that does not use the readGFF3 function?

Thanks for any help, I would greatly appreciate it.

Karl Erhard
Graduate Student
UC Berkeley