[BioC] getGEO error?

Hendrik Falk falk at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Feb 29 07:46:03 CET 2012

Hi list,

I'm trying to analyse GeneExpressionOmnibus data using the Biobase package. For the
GSE record GSE4922 I get an error as shown below, whereas other records (e.g.
GSE1456) load without problems. Is there an easy way to fix the problem or get
around it?

Best Regards,
Hendrik

> GSE4922 <- getGEO("GSE4922",GSEMatrix=TRUE)
Found 4 file(s)
GSE4922-GPL96_series_matrix-1.txt.gz
trying URL
'ftp://ftp.ncbi.nih.gov/pub/geo/DATA/SeriesMatrix/GSE4922/GSE4922-GPL96_series_matrix-1.txt.gz'
ftp data connection made, file length 44890082 bytes
opened URL
downloaded 42.8 Mb

Using locally cached version of GPL96 found here:
C:\DOCUME~1\falk\LOCALS~1\Temp\RtmpAjqjX7/GPL96.soft
Error in validObject(.Object) :
  invalid class “ExpressionSet” object: featureNames differ between assayData and
featureData

--
Dr. Hendrik Falk
Senior Research Officer