[BioC] installation of Rsamtools

Mon Jan 2 22:27:03 CET 2012

Hi Cornellia,

Brief aside: don't forget to hit reply-all when responding to
bioconductor emails so other people can benefit from the help ((and
more people can help you).

The errors you are getting suggest that you do not have some (or
all(?)) of the library installed in your system itself (this isn't an
R thing, but a system setup/install thing). In fact, it seemslike your
problems with your RCurl install can be explained from information
here:

http://www.omegahat.org/RCurl/FAQ.html

Use your package manager to search for and install the libraries
related to libcurl .. is there a libcurl-devel also? The FAQ suggests
grabbing a package called "libcurl4-openssl-dev" ... I guess you
should use apt-get to find something named similar ...

HTH,
-steve