[BioC] CummeRbund Error

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Wed Jan 11 21:15:39 CET 2012

cc'ing Loyal (package maintainer)

John,

Is is possible for you to provide the colon file so we can reproduce the
error?

It looks like the colon data can be read in successfully but is failing
when you try to produce the density plot. Is that correct?

this works

     cuff<-readCufflinks()

but this doesn't

     dens<-csDensity(genes(cuff))

If this is the case you can further investigate the cuff object by inspecting the 'genes' object

     samples(genes(cuff))
     features(genes(cuff))

The data that are plotted in cdDensity() are

     fpkmMatrix(genes(cuff))

Valerie

On 01/11/2012 07:33 AM, john herbert wrote:
> [...]
> files that cummeRbund makes.
> Colon that does not work = ~3Mb
> Blad that does work = ~115Mb
>
> All other cuffdiff result files are of a similar size between Colon
> and Blad samples.
>
> John.
>

>> densError: attempt to apply non-function>  traceback()9: FUN(1L[[1L]], ...)8: lapply(seq_along(data), function(i) {       layer<- layers[[i]]       layerd<- data[[i]]       grobs<- matrix(list(), nrow = nrow(layerd), ncol = ncol(layerd))       for (i in seq_len(nrow(layerd))) {           for (j in seq_len(ncol(layerd))) {               scales<- list(x = .$scales$x[[j]]$clone(), y = .$scales$y[[i]]$clone())               details<- coord$compute_ranges(scales)               grobs[[i, j]]<- layer$make_grob(layerd[[i, j]],                    details, coord)           }       }       grobs   })7: get(x, envir = this, inherits = inh)(this, ...)6: facet$make_grobs(data, layers, cs)5: ggplot_build(plot)4: ggplotGrob(x, ...)3: grid.draw(ggplotGrob(x, ...))2: print.ggplot(list(data = list(gene_id = character(0), sample_name = integer(0),        fpkm = numeric(0), conf_hi = numeric(0), conf_lo = numeric(0),        quant_status = character(0)), layers = list(<environment>),        scales =<environment>, mapping = list(), options = list(           title = "genes", labels = list(x = "log10(fpkm)", group = "sample_name",                colour = "sample_name", fill = "sample_name", y = "density")),        coordinates =<environment>, facet =<environment>, plot_env =<environment>))1: print(list(data = list(gene_id = character(0), sample_name = integer(0),        fpkm = numeric(0), conf_hi = numeric(0), conf_lo = numeric(0),        quant_status = character(0)), layers = list(<environment>),        scales =<environment>, mapping = list(), options = list(           title = "genes", labels = list(x = "log10(fpkm)", group = "sample_name",                colour = "sample_name", fill = "sample_name", y = "density")),        coordinates =<environment>, facet =<environment>, plot_env =<environment>))
> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 2:56 PM, Steve Lianoglou
> <mailinglist.honeypot at gmail.com>  wrote:
>> Hi,
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 9:28 AM, john herbert<arraystruggles at gmail.com>  wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>> I have downloaded/installed cummeRbund vis biocLite and have run it on
>>> 2 sets of samples.
>>>
>>> I have 2 sets of cuffdiff 1.3.0 results and they both load fine into
>>> cummeRbund as follows.
>>>
>>> library(cummeRbund)
>>>
>>> setwd("C:/Users/mark/Documents/Cross/cufflinks_data/diff_blad_1_3_0/diff_blad_1_3_0")
>>>
>>> cuff<-readCufflinks()
>>>
>>> dens<-csDensity(genes(cuff))
>>> dens
>>>
>>> # This works fine and displays a density plot. But, if I run all this
>>> again on a different set of samples, I get this.

>>> setwd("C:/Users/mark/Documents/Cross/cufflinks_data/diff_colon_1_3_0/diff_colon_1_3_0")
>>> cuff<-readCufflinks()
>>> dens<-csDensity(genes(cuff))