[BioC] ggbio and R-2.14.0

Weiner, Michael weinerm at ccf.org
Mon Jan 16 22:26:27 CET 2012

From: Martin Morgan [mailto:mtmorgan at fhcrc.org]
> Hi Michael
>
> Some of your packages are out of date, and some additional
dependencies
> need to be installed. You should
>
>    source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>    biocLite(character()) ## to update old packages
>    biocLite('ggbio")     ## to install new pkg and dependencies
>
> It looks like perhaps other packages have not been installed
correctly;
> I'd guess at biocLite('GenomicFeatures') as another step to iterate if

> ggbio continues to fail to install.
>
> Martin

Nope, unfortunately the biocLite(character()) downloads a bunch of packages and installs some, but then fails with a bunch as in the following:

There were 50 or more warnings (use warnings() to see the first 50)
> warnings()
Warning messages:
1: In install.packages(update[instlib == l, "Package"], l,  ... :
  installation of package âabcâ had non-zero exit status
2: In install.packages(update[instlib == l, "Package"], l,  ... :
  installation of package âadabagâ had non-zero exit status
3: In install.packages(update[instlib == l, "Package"], l,  ... :
  installation of package âadehabitatLTâ had non-zero exit status
4: In install.packages(update[instlib == l, "Package"], l,  ... :
  installation of package âalphahullâ had non-zero exit status

and loads of others :( Any other suggestions perhaps?

Thanks
Michael Weiner

in America by U.S.News & World Report (2010).
locations.

Confidentiality Note:  This message is intended for use\...{{dropped:13}}