[BioC] [lumi] methyLumiR upload error of 450k

Geoff Woodward geoff.woodward at bristol.ac.uk
Wed Jan 18 18:36:59 CET 2012

Dear All,
I've just started working with 450k data.
I'm trying out a few different Bioconductor packages but keep running into
problems. When I read the "FinalReport" from GenomeStudio with lumiMethyR()
I get the following error:

> testData <- lumiMethyR(filename="FinalReport.txt",
lib="IlluminaHumanMethylation450k.db")
Error in .getFinalReportBlock(filename, blockname = blockname, blocks =
blocks,  :
  The block called "[SAMPLE METHYLATION PROFILE]" in the file
"E:/5975819001/ExtractionMethodFinalReport.txt" is not present and needs to
be.  Please re-export from beadstudio

 But when I create the report, I check all of the options to make sure I'm
not missing anything (even though this obviously makes the files huge). Any
ideas?

I've managed to load IDAT files through the lumimethy package, is there a
way of converting the resulting MethylumiSet to MethyLumi?

Any help would be amazing,
Thanks!
Geoff

Geoff Woodward