[BioC] 2 color microarray and decidetests output

James W. MacDonald jmacdon at med.umich.edu
Tue Jan 24 14:57:59 CET 2012

Hi Srinivas,

On 1/24/2012 4:31 AM, Srinivas M. Srikanth wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I am working with two color microrray data and have three different stages
> of cancer along with normal, all normalized with a universal Normal. I
> analyzed the data using Limma package in R.My workflow is as below:
>
> library(limma)
> targets<-readTargets(filename)
> RG<-read.maimages(targets,
> source="genepix")
> RG$genes<-readGAL()
> MA<-normalizeWithinArrays(RG,method="loess")
> plotMA(RG)
> plotMA(MA)
> MA<-normalizeBetweenArrays(MA,method="aquantile")
> design=modelMatrix(MA,ref="Control")
> fit<-lmfit(MA,design)
> fit2<-ebayes(fit)
> contrastmatrix<-makeContrasts("StageI-Normal","StageII-Normal","StageIII-Normal","StageIII-StageI","StageII-StageI","StageIII-StageII",levels=design)
> fit3<-contrasts.fit(fit2,contrastsmatrix)
> fit3<-ebayes(fi3)
> results<- decideTests(fit3,method="global")
> vennDiagram(results[,1:3])
>
> I want to print the common genes which are common in all three stages and
> also find common signature set of genes among different stages, please help
> on how I should proceed further.

There is a function vennSelect() in my affycoretools package that is
designed to print out all the genes in each section of a Venn diagram.
It is intended to annotate as well, so if you don't have an annotation
package for your chip you will either need to make one, or you could
debug() vennSelect() and grab the results before it gets to the point
where it tries to annotate.

I am not sure exactly what you mean by 'common signature set of genes'.
Perhaps you should look at e.g., GSEABase, GOstats, Category, etc. All
these packages have vignettes that you could read.

Best,

Jim

--
James W. MacDonald, M.S.