[BioC] edgeR package : question about 'exactTest' results

NEIL-BERNET Helen helen.neil-bernet at cea.fr
Thu Jan 26 11:44:58 CET 2012

Rory,

Thanks for your answer.
I've already tried DiffBind, it gave me roughly the same results as edgeR,
hopefully!
Indeed, it's easier for ChIP-seq, but I couldn't address 2 things:

1) I need to use quantile normalization (with limma package) prior to
differential analysis, I'm not sure that's possible to use directly my own
normalized counts. Moreover, I don't use peak calling, because I study
specific regions, for example promoter proximal regions, so I don't have
any affinity score.

2) I couldn't find a way to analyze my data without replicates, and that's
a critical point for ChIP-seq, most of the times, we don't have any
replicates!
If you can answer these questions, I would really appreciate to work with
DiffBind instead of edgeR!!

Thank you very much,

helen