[BioC] mergeScans function in limma - minFactor error

Henrik Bengtsson hb at biostat.ucsf.edu
Fri Jan 27 22:23:39 CET 2012

Not answering your specific questions, but an alternative is to use:

library("aroma.light");
r <- calibrateMultiscan(R);
g <- calibrateMultiscan(G);

where R is an JxK matrix holding the K scans of the J (foreground)
signals in the red channel.  The calibrated/merged output is a Jx1
matrix.  Likewise, G is a JxK matrix for the green channel with the
merged signals in 'g' (a Jx1 matrix).  Use foreground signals only -
do not use background corrected signals.

There is no need for tuning parameters.  It works out of the box
(unless "funny" things were done during scanning).  See
help("calibrateMultiscan.matrix", package="aroma.light") for further
help and explanation.  Further details, figures and results can be
found in:

H. Bengtsson, J. Vallon-Christersson and G. Jönsson, Calibration and
assessment of channel-specific biases in microarray data with extended
dynamical range, BMC Bioinformatics, 5:177, 2004.
http://www.biomedcentral.com/1471-2105/5/177/

/Henrik