[BioC] package charm, creating .xys files

Benilton Carvalho beniltoncarvalho at gmail.com
Sat Jan 28 00:41:20 CET 2012

Hi Johnny,

1) The SIGNAL is the PM column;

2) About the controls... Look at the NDF file... All the PMs are
*expected* to have PROBE_CLASS == 'experimental' and MISMATCH == 0
(you can double check this[*])... then, everything else is
'control'... A shortcut that might work (never tried) is get get all
the X/Y coordinates for which you don't have readings on the PM column
of your .pair file.

3) Yes.

4) After having the 3 required columns for the XYS, remember to sort
the rows so you have something like:

X   Y   SIGNAL   COUNT
1   1   <value_or_NA>  <value_or_NA>
1   2   <value_or_NA>  <value_or_NA>
1   3   <value_or_NA>  <value_or_NA>
2   1   <value_or_NA>  <value_or_NA>
2   2   <value_or_NA>  <value_or_NA>
etc

(download the maqcExpression4plex package and check the XYS files in
its 'extdata' directory for reference)

HTH,