[BioC] question regarding using cummeRbund package

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 2 21:34:02 CEST 2012

Hi Jack,

On 07/02/2012 12:06 PM, Dan Tenenbaum wrote:
> Hi Jack,
>
> On Mon, Jul 2, 2012 at 12:01 PM, Jack Luo <jluo.rhelp at gmail.com> wrote:
>> Hi Val,
>>
>> Thanks. See below:
>>
>>> library(cummeRbund)
>>> cuff <- readCufflinks(dir=system.file("extdata", package="cummeRbund"))
>>> disp<-dispersionPlot(genes(cuff))
>> Error: could not find function "dispersionPlot"

It looks like the dispersionPlot() function is new in cummeRbund
version 1.99.* (BioC devel), so your problem is very likely that
you're trying to run code that belongs to the vignette of cummeRbund
1.99.* while you have some older version of the package installed.
Hard to know for sure without you providing the output of your
sessionInfo(). In any case, make sure you look at the right
vignette/examples i.e. that they belong to the package you are
actually using. For example using browseVignettes() is a much
safer way than picking the vignette from somewhere on the web e.g.
from http://bioconductor.org/packages/2.11/bioc/html/cummeRbund.html
This is because browseVignettes() shows you the list of vignettes
that belong to the packages you installed so they are guaranteed to
match.

Cheers,
H.

>>> dens<-csDensity(genes(cuff))
>>> densRep<-csDensity(genes(cuff),replicates=T)
>>> b<-csBoxplot(genes(cuff))
>>> b
>>> brep<-csBoxplot(genes(cuff),replicates=T)
>>> brep
>>> s<-csScatter(genes(cuff),"hESC","Fibroblasts",smooth=T)
>>> s
>>> dend<-csDendro(genes(cuff))

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology