[BioC] LIMMA paired T-test

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jul 4 02:27:18 CEST 2012

Your design matrix is not sufficient to answer questions 2 and 3.  Your
questions presume an interaction between treatment and disease, i.e.,
distinct effects for treatment for disease and healthy, whereas your model
formula assumes no interaction.

You need:

   design <- model.matrix(~patient + dis + dis:tx)

Then last two coefficients answer questions 2 and 3.

Gordon

Professor Gordon K Smyth,
Bioinformatics Division,
Walter and Eliza Hall Institute of Medical Research,
1G Royal Parade, Parkville, Vic 3052, Australia.
http://www.wehi.edu.au
http://www.statsci.org/smyth