[BioC] nem package, nem.BN learning with 'continuous_Baysian' not possible

Siebourg Juliane juliane.siebourg at bsse.ethz.ch
Wed Jul 4 14:52:57 CEST 2012

Hi,

In the package 'nem' I encountered a problem when trying to learn a nem as the bayesian network version.
I think this results from different spellings of the word 'continuous'. Setting the the mode in the default parameters suggests 'continous_Baysian', which gets checkt in the function nem(). However the internal function nem.BN checks for 'continuous_Baysian' in order to run.
Here a toy example with the errors I get:

Phi = sampleRndNetwork(paste("S",1:5,sep=""))

D = sampleData(Phi, 100, type="density")$D

hyper=set.default.parameters(paste("S",1:5,sep=""))

hyper$mode="continous_Bayesian"

resultBN = nem(D, inference="BN.greedy", control=hyper)

# gives: Error in score_BN(BN, mode = mode, loc = rep, ...) : inexistant mode

hyper$mode="continuous_Bayesian"

resultBN = nem(D, inference="BN.greedy", control=hyper)

# gives: Error in nem.BN(D, "greedy", mode = control$mode, Pm = control$Pm, lambda = control$lambda,  :

# Unknown mode ' continuous_Bayesian '

Maybe I am doing something wrong here, but the option 'continuous_Bayesian' seems currently not usable to me.

Regards
Juliane