[BioC] help needed - 7 array time course gene expression no replicates - fold change calculation

Liat [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Tue Jul 10 13:09:33 CEST 2012

Dear All,

I am new to both bioconductor and microarrays and am struggling quite a bit.

I am trying to analyze data collected at 7 time points for just 1 treatment (so basically at time 0 something was added to the cells and we want to know how expression changed along time). There are no replicates.

Not having replicates seems to cause quite a lot of problems. I assume I'm just not using the right packages/calls.

I tried using the limma package, but my design matrix is actually a vector (as I only have one treatment) and that doesn't seem to work.

I would like to consider genes that show a minimum of two-fold change in expression. So (I think - again, I'm a complete newbie) I need to compare each of time points 1-6 to time point 0 and look at the difference in expression levels.

How can I do that?

Your help will be greatly appreciated!
Liat.

 -- output of sessionInfo():