[BioC] edgeR and tagwise dispersion: overcorrection for multiple tests?

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Jul 13 08:34:45 CEST 2012

Dear Allessandro,

I haven't seen the MDS plots (because attachments are not distributed to
the list), but don't see anything surprising in what you have reported.

If you compare one group (all C) vs only those members of the other group
that are most different to it (1R+3R), naturally you will find lots of DE
genes.

Best wishes
Gordon