[BioC] edgeR, glmLRT error

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Tue Jul 17 06:35:10 CEST 2012

Dear Cei,

Thanks for the nice reproducible example.

We have been working on a programming solution to eliminate this
occasionally occuring error in edgeR.  We have a nearly complete solution
in our local (non-public) version of edgeR.  Running your data example
with our current local code, glmLRT no longer gives an error, but the 9th
row of your data generates a NA value for the likelihood ratio test
statistic.

That's already an improvement, but I want to eliminate the NA fits as well
if possible.

We will push this code out to Bioc-devel soon, but probably not before the
Bioconductor conference next week.

Best wishes
Gordon