[BioC] EdgeR and libsize normalization

François RICHARD franc.richard.3 at gmail.com
Tue Jul 24 10:58:03 CEST 2012

Dear all,
I am using EdgeR on RNA-seq data for differential analysis.

I would like to see the impact of the double normalizations (TMM +
libsize) on the counts.

Correct me if I am wrong but to have the counts after TMM I am doing :
TMM_counts = raw_counts / ( libsize * norm.factor )

But how to get the counts after TMM and lib.size normalization ?
Calling equalizedLibSizes(d) give me a common libsize (N value)
But I am not sure how to rescale the normalise factor obtain on the raw counts.

Can someone help me?

Thanks a lot

François