[BioC] entrez gene summary

David Westergaard david at harsk.dk
Tue Jul 24 18:57:52 CEST 2012

Dear Amit,

You can retrieve the XML record by making use the Entrez Programming
Utilities. This is descirbed at
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/books/NBK25499/. Looking through the page,
they give an example of how to retrieve the XML record for a gene:
http://eutils.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/entrez/eutils/efetch.fcgi?db=gene&id=2&retmode=xml.
You can probably retrieve the XML record using Curl, wget or similar,
and then parse it using an XML parser in your favorite language.

Best,
David