[BioC] Request to add the latest dog genome release to BSGenome

Hervé Pagès hpages at fhcrc.org
Sat Jul 28 00:00:05 CEST 2012

Hi Holly,

I've just rolled up a BSgenome package for canFam3. I'm about to push it
to BioC devel and it will become available via biocLite() in the next
hour or so. See here

   http://bioconductor.org/developers/useDevel/

for how to use the devel version of Bioconductor.

Note that for the moment only the source tarball will be available
which means that Windows and Mac users will need to install with

   biocLite("BSgenome.Cfamiliaris.UCSC.canFam3", type="source")

Please let me know if you run into any issue with this.

Cheers,
H.

On 07/24/2012 02:54 PM, holly beale wrote:
> Hi -
>
> I would like to request that a  BSGenome package be generated with the
> latest release of the dog genome (canfam3.1). The
> BSgenome.Cfamiliaris.UCSC.canFam2 package has been terrifically
> helpful. I am emailing this list based on the information here (
> http://www.bioconductor.org/packages/release/data/annotation/ ), but
> if I should ask elsewhere, please let me know.
>
> Thank you,
> Holly

Hervé Pagès

Program in Computational Biology