[BioC] Help with choice of normalization

Cytochalasin nrcgeb at gmail.com
Sat Jul 28 13:49:22 CEST 2012

Hi all!

I have a set of data, and I have normalized them using a couple of
normalizations. I modelled MSE and calculated F-ratio (signal-to-noise
ratio) for each normalization method. Should I go for normalizations
that lead to lower MSE or calculated F-ratio? (MSE is modelled just
between replicateexperiments like:A" Comparison of Normalization
Techniques for MicroRNA Microarray Data", F-ratio is calculated with a
formula that compares MSQ between and within conditions, as in
Comparison of normalization methods for Illumina BeadChip HumanHT-12
v3)