[BioC] How updated is hom.Hs.inp.db? (to get homologous mapping between mouse and human symbol)?

Marc Carlson mcarlson at fhcrc.org
Mon Jul 30 19:28:41 CEST 2012

Hi Peng,

Yes it's a fact of life that inparanoid has not updated their data for a
while.  It's pretty likely however that a lot of what you care about
will not have changed appreciably.  Especially if you are comparing gene
to gene mappings between human and mouse.  Another resource that you can
look at for mouse to human gene to gene mappings is homologene.  There
is not currently an annotation package for homologene although I have
almost made one on several occasions.

Also, I think that the ensembl biomaRts also have homology information,
so you could also use the biomaRt package if you are not a fan of
inparanoid.

   Marc