[BioC] MacOS Package installation problems

Dan Tenenbaum dtenenba at fhcrc.org
Fri Jun 1 01:14:07 CEST 2012

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 7:48 AM, Chinedu Orekie <Chinedu at tntcmedia.us> wrote:
> I am having the same problem installing packages (Line starting '<!DOCTYPE html
> PUBLI ...' is malformed). It has not mattered which repoistory I cite, CRAN or
> BioC. I first observed this yesterday, 30 Jun 2012. This all seems quite recent
> since I was able to access packages only two weeks ago. My computer is Windows
> based by the way.
>
> Could this be some generic systems error?

I wonder if this is unrelated to the Mac OS problem and is instead a
problem with a firewall or proxy at your location.

What if you try this command:

download.file("http://google.com", tempfile())

Does it work, or produce an error?

If it produces an error, try starting R as follows:

R --internet2

And then try biocLite() again.

Let us know what happens.
Thanks,