[BioC] DESeq estimateDispersions() problem

Nicolas Delhomme delhomme at embl.de
Fri Jun 1 10:00:39 CEST 2012

Dear Karl,

Can you please paste in your session info as well, that will help the maintainer.

To get it use the sessionInfo command in R after having loaded the DESeq package.

I would not expect such a function to disappear without being deprecated, but you can always lookup the package recent changes using the news command:

news(package="DESeq")

Depending on your R version, you can query more specific new, i.e. if you're using the current development version:

news(Version >= "1.9", package="DESeq")

As I said, since I do not expect such a drastic change in the DESeq API, make sure as well that nothing changed in your R environment: check that no previous session is restored when you start R (look for an .Rdata file in the startup directory), etc.

Cheers,

Nicolas Delhomme

Genome Biology Computational Support

European Molecular Biology Laboratory