[BioC] BioPAX/SBPAX import for MicroArray Analysis and Hypothesis Building

Oliver Ruebenacker curoli at gmail.com
Fri Jun 1 17:17:49 CEST 2012

     Hello Tim,

On Thu, May 31, 2012 at 5:53 PM, Tim Triche, Jr. <tim.triche at gmail.com> wrote:
> this seems clever, although I could swear that an existing package handles
> graphical models of similar sorts.

  We could turn BioPAX/SBPAX into R graphs similar to the way rsbml does it.

  I wonder if there already are packages for using R graphs
representing biological connections to model differential expression
data? Then we may be able to use these.

> but if the structural priors can be automatically pulled in (however that
> might happen) and updated it would be cool as hell.

  Such data could be made available as SBPAX. BioPAX/SBPAX are
excellent for merging data from multiple sources. Can you recommend
any significant providers of such public data?

  Thanks!

     Take care
     Oliver