[BioC] FW: Gene list annotation

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Mon Jun 4 16:17:34 CEST 2012

On Mon, Jun 4, 2012 at 9:50 AM, Stéphanie haaaaaaaa
<flower_des_iles at hotmail.com> wrote:

> I have done the analysis with DAVID but someone told me to do this kind of analysis. because he believes that if i randomly select 185 others genes among the 6000 i will have the same annotation results ....

DAVID uses a fisher-exact-based statistic for computing the
probability of enrichment.  Did you get p-values from DAVID?  If so,
you may have already accomplished your task.  If not, you can use
DAVID to get such a result, but that is for another list....

Sean