[BioC] Rsubread crashes in 32bit linux

Wei Shi shi at wehi.EDU.AU
Wed Jun 6 06:56:58 CEST 2012

Dear Dan,

It is probably because including genome sequences into the index slowed down your laptop. But I believe it should be alleviated if you give smaller values to the 'memory ' parameter of the buildindex() function. Also, the index building is an one-off operation, you do not need to redo it even when new releases come.

For your 32-bit opensuse box, I guess the problem will be solved if you change the amount of memory requested to be 1000MB.

Cheers,
Wei