[BioC] get genomic location

Valerie Obenchain vobencha at fhcrc.org
Wed Jun 13 15:46:33 CEST 2012

Hi Mali,

Unfortunately we don't have a function that converts from protein-based
to genomic-based coordinates -  at least I'm unaware of one. The
conversion functions we do have are transcriptLocsToRefLocs() in
GenomicFeatures and refLocsToLocalLocs() in VariantAnnotation. The first
converts from transcript-based to genome-based and the second from
genome-based to transcript and protein-based.

Michael and I have plans to consolidate these coordinate-mapping
functions into the single 'Map' generic in IRanges. This will likely be
done for the next BioC release.

Valerie