[BioC] Question about lumiMethyN() in lumi package

Pan Du dupan.mail at gmail.com
Wed Jun 13 18:59:54 CEST 2012

Hi Niles

Thanks for reporting this. The warning message was produced when the
"smoothQuantileNormalization" tries to use "rlm"(in MASS package) to
detect outliers in the low or high intensity range. Sometimes, "rlm"
fails to converge in these regions, especially for low intensity
region. Since the number of low intensity probes (usually these are
failed probes) are very low for DNA methylation data,  it usually
should not affect the overall processing. Probably, I should suppress
this kind of warning messages.

Pan