[BioC] How many tests do you need to moderate the t-statistic in Limma

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Thu Jun 14 18:39:32 CEST 2012

Dear List,

	Is there a lower limit for the number of tests you need to produce a
moderated t-statistic with Limma?
I am now analyzing a peptide array which after filtering has about 200
present spots. Can Limma
be applied to borrow power over only 200 tests? Should it be applied
to this situation?

Thanks and best wishes,
Rich
Richard A. Friedman, PhD
Associate Research Scientist,
Biomedical Informatics Shared Resource
Herbert Irving Comprehensive Cancer Center (HICCC)
Lecturer,
Department of Biomedical Informatics (DBMI)
Educational Coordinator,
Center for Computational Biology and Bioinformatics (C2B2)/
National Center for Multiscale Analysis of Genomic Networks (MAGNet)
Room 824
Irving Cancer Research Center
Columbia University
1130 St. Nicholas Ave
New York, NY 10032
(212)851-4765 (voice)
friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
http://cancercenter.columbia.edu/~friedman/

"School is an evil plot to suppress my individuality"

Rose Friedman, age15