[BioC] using Limma to read 2-channel dye-swap in Agilent scanner

Belinda Phipson phipson at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Jun 15 01:16:48 CEST 2012

Hi Neta

On page 16 and 17 of the limma vignette (25 March 2012) there is an
explanation about column names in the data files. You should check what the
header names of your Agilent files are and then change the read.maimages()
command accordingly. For example:

> RG <- read.maimages(files,
+ columns=list(R="F635 Mean",G="F532 Mean",Rb="B635 Median",Gb="B532
Median"))

The default in limma for Imagine is to extract the signal mean, but for
Agilent it is the signal median. You probably need to specify that you want
to extract the medians.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Belinda