[BioC] Access to Source Codes of Packges

Sean Davis sdavis2 at mail.nih.gov
Sat Jun 16 12:50:57 CEST 2012

On Sat, Jun 16, 2012 at 6:19 AM, Karthik K N <karthikuttan at gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello members,
>
> I am using AgiMicroRna and Limma packges for analyzing Agilent microarray
> data. I would like to know if it is possible to have access to the source
> codes of these packages so that I can better understand what is goind on in
> the background when we call each functions.

Yes.  The source code is available from the website.  Just find the
package you like and download the source code.  Alternatively, the SVN
repository for bioconductor is open.  See the developer section of the
website for how to access it.

> Also, is it possible to edit the source code and run the package?

Yes.  You'll want to read at least some sections of the "Writing R
Extensions" manual available from CRAN (or a mirror).

Sean