[BioC] Using limma for quantitative proteomics data

Richard Friedman friedman at cancercenter.columbia.edu
Tue Jun 19 21:50:13 CEST 2012

Dear Yong,

	It would be helpful if you could say something about the method
used to identify differentially expressed proteins from quantitative
proteomics data.
Is it a protein microarray - if so which platform.
Is it mass spec?
I would think, and somebody please correct me if I am wrong,
that continuous protein data could be analyzed similarly to contnuous
mRNA data as far as differential expression goes - although
preprocessing
might be signficantly different. For example. I am currently analyzing
a JPT peptide array and I am doing the preprocessing with Rapmad
and the differential expression with Limma.

with hopes that this helps,
Rich