[BioC] RnaSeqTutorial Package

spf385 [guest] guest at bioconductor.org
Tue Jun 19 23:20:30 CEST 2012

Greetings,

I'm working my way through the tutorials for several RNA-Seq packages in R / bioconductor (EdgeR, DESeq, DEXSeq, ShortReads, etc.); and I've somewhat backed up to using the package RnaSeqTutorial (EBI, October 2011; Nicolas Delhomme).

As I work my way through the documentation I stumble at section 2.3 Loading the annotation.

it provides,

> library(BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3)

and I get the error message: Error in library(BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3); there is no package called 'BSgenome.Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3'

is the above a typo? and should it read something to the effect of

>library(BSgenome)

>Dmelano <- data(Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3, package = "BSgenome")

Or is it that BSgenome is built under a different version of R? I have downloaded the source package and can locate said "Dmelanogaster.UCSC.dm3-seed"

I can't seem to work my way through this step. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

 -- output of sessionInfo():

--
Sent via the guest posting facility at bioconductor.org.