[BioC] [Limma] Calculate the relation between mRNA and miRNA

Belinda Phipson phipson at wehi.EDU.AU
Sat Jun 23 02:30:21 CEST 2012

Hi Jack

I think you have misunderstood what lmFit does. lmFit takes the data
object/matrix, call it x, and fits a user-specified design matrix to it,
call it design. i.e.

> fit <- lmFit(x,design)

>From your message I don't understand what format your data is in. However,
if you have two vectors, and you wanted to calculate a correlation, you
could just use

> cor(vector1, vector2, use=complete.obs)

which would take care of the missing values.

Cheers,
Belinda