[BioC] matrix like object with Rle columns

Kasper Daniel Hansen kasperdanielhansen at gmail.com
Wed Jun 27 17:07:16 CEST 2012

One comment:  since matrix is a vector with a dim attribute I see that
the natural parallel is doing the same for Rle.  Nevertheless, that
would put an upper limit on the number of runLengths in the entire
matrix.  My impression (which could be wrong) is that we would need to
implement essentially all matrix-like numeric operations from scratch
anyway, so it may be worthwhile to consider using a list of Rle's
where each Rle is a column, instead of a single Rle to represent all
columns.  Clearly that depends on implementation details, but if we
really need to do everything from scratch, a list of columns might be
more flexible (and perhaps even easier to code).

Kasper