[BioC] RobustSpline normalization method applied to agilent data

Gordon K Smyth smyth at wehi.EDU.AU
Fri Mar 9 01:23:13 CET 2012

Dear Priscila,

You can't apply robust-spline normalization to an Agilent array.
Robust-spline in limma is intended to moderate the loess curves over
different print-tip groups.  But Agilent arrays don't have print-tips.
For an Agilent arrays, only global loess normalization is meaningful, and
that does not require the layout.

Best wishes
Gordon