[BioC] breastCancerMAINZ package installation problem

Martin Morgan mtmorgan at fhcrc.org
Tue Mar 13 17:12:55 CET 2012

On 03/13/2012 08:50 AM, Coghlan, Avril wrote:
> Dear all,
>
> I am trying to install the breastCancerMAINZ package but when I type:
>
>     source("http://bioconductor.org/biocLite.R")
>     biocLite("breastCancerMAINZ")
>
> as described on the webpage
> http://watson.nci.nih.gov/bioc_mirror/packages/2.8/data/experiment/html/
> breastCancerMAINZ.html I get an error message:
>

> Warning: unable to access index for repository
> http://www.stats.ox.ac.uk/pub/RWin/bin/windows/contrib/2.11
> Warning message:
> In getDependencies(pkgs, dependencies, available, lib) :
>    package 'breastCancerMAINZ' is not available
>
> Am I doing something wrong?

Hi Avril -- the page you reference indicates the package became
available with Bioc version 2.8, but you're using 2.6 (with R version
2.11; probably it indicated that earlier in the message or in
sessionOutput; I'm guessing from the mapping between R / Bioc versions
listed in the 'Previous versions' box at
http://www.bioconductor.org/help/). The solution is to use a more recent
R. At this stage I'm tempted to suggest R-2.15 alpha.

Martin