[BioC] ChIPpeakAnno: makeVennDiagram and sampling peaks

Zhu, Lihua (Julie) Julie.Zhu at umassmed.edu
Thu Mar 15 15:41:31 CET 2012

Ron,

If you assume 10% total histone are available for modification, then you
would set totalTest = 3 * 10^9 bp / 146 * 0.1  which is about 2 million.

For your new question, here is some code snippet that might address your
needs.

    t1 =findOverlappingPeaks(peaks1, peaks2, maxgap=0,
NameOfPeaks1="TF", NameOfPeaks2="Histone", select="First")

AllPeaks = c(peaks1[!rownames(peaks1) %in% rownames(t1$Peaks1withOverlap),],
peaks2[!rownames(peaks2) %in% rownames(t1$Peaks2withOverlap),],
t1$MergedPeaks)

Totals = rownames(AllPeaks)
Sample.n = dim(t1$MergedPeaks)[1]

##### put the following code snippets in a loop allow you to sample from the
total peak population multiple times
s1 = AllPeaks[rownames(AllPeaks) %in% sample(Totals, Sample.n),]
go.s1 = getEnrichedGO(annotatePeakInBatch(s1,....), ....)

Please let me know if you come up with more elegant ways to do this. Thanks!

Best regards,

Julie